Saw two incredible movies over the weekend: Wag the Dog and The Truman Show. The first is excellent political satire that seems awfully plausible...too plausible. *shudder* It was the most I've ever liked Robert De Niro, and Dustin Hoffman was clearly having a great time. The second was social satire (guess that's the theme for the weekend). Jon says it's the movie that redeemed Jim Carey for him, but what I found most enjoyable were the finesses in writing, editing, and directing. Attention to detail made this film.


Also this weekend, I finally sat Jon down and showed him Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas. We sang along with the otters and shed a tear for Jim.


Lastly, I've had some success with my adventures in PHP and MySQL. It took some struggling, but I managed to install and run MySQL and actually create a table out in my database on my webhost's servers. Then I created a PHP page to query the results from that table. This should be available at www.cichelli.net/sql.php3, but the domain name servers don't seem to have replicated everywhere, since I see my new page at work but the old one at home. Therefore, you can try going directly to the IP address: http://216.85.210.206/sql.php3.

No comments: